December 4, 2017 by The Man
So it was time to replace my sofa laptop (a nice light one I do bits and bobs on and is currently a MacBook Air 11″) so I looked at the new MacBook Pro 13″ with Touch Bar. The first “con” is that while Apple sells base systems to resellers you can only buy a fully specced out model from Apple direct. And that means no discount.
So I ordered a near fully specced out MacBook Pro 13″ which wasn’t cheap but as it was Black Friday Apple were offering a “free” £120 gift card, and by free they meant they charge you £120 for it. Ok they take that off the price of the laptop but there are two problems with that.
First this is for work so I can claim it back on taxes but they invoice you £120 less on the laptop and don’t provide an invoice for the gift card. So I’ve lost £120 in taxable deductions, bummer but not then end of the world.
However secondly if like me the shitty DHL fail to deliver and like me you cannot wait 2 weeks to get a replacement from China then you’ll be refunded the cost of the laptop but not the gift card which is non-returnable. And what’s the point of a £120 gift card for Apple when there are few things you cannot get elsewhere cheaper, especially the tat they pass off as cables at some incredible prices.
Lesson learnt – never buy from anybody who used DHL and avoid Apple Online Stores as the support is pretty crap.
Category: Apple, OS X Tags: Poor Service | Comments (0)
June 11, 2017 by The Man
I wonder why Craphone Warehouse wouldn’t publish my review ?
Category: Computers, Interweb, iOS Tags: Craphone Warehouse, Poor Service | Comments (0)
June 28, 2012 by The Man
Well I had some frustrations with the App Store and a few niggles with Google Play but I can honestly say that Microsofts App Hub is the biggest turd I have ever seen.
1. Download reports are 10 days behind…. holy crap why !?!?! my client cannot see if they need to up or lower their marketing budget based on figures 10 days old, or blindly for the first 10 days.
2. Crash reports take 6 days to come through, ok so release an app that is crap and let people download for 6 days without you knowing….. my god your a computer company how difficult would it be to provide this info in real time.
3. My app is still not searchable from the Marketplace some 10 days later, only direct links work……compare that to Google who had the app up in an hour and searchable, Apple in the same period.
4. Nothing on the App Hub site makes sense, links that you think should take you to your crash reports take you to details of your app.
6. Why would you have crash reports in Excel format and not csv – I don’t have Excel so how am I supposed to open them.
I have to question why would I bother recommending to clients WP7 or WP8 when for the same amount of time they can hit 100 times more people and with better support for the money we pay them.
Category: Software Development, Windows Phone Tags: App Hub, CSV, Excel, Poor Service, WP7 | Comments (0)
April 9, 2010 by The Man
Bisley Developments Ltd congratulations on your victory in court, it just goes to show if you bend the truth often enough you can win. Well done to Judge King as well who I upset in the first hearing so knew I would not win. If you would like to see these cowboys work you can view some of the photos in the gallery below.
Category: Canon Tags: Cowboys, Poor Service | Comments (0)