Then just take me to a store where I can buy this free app.
If you are doing something as important as a firmware update DON’T leave the screen exactly like this for close to an hour.
I thought it was broken and was thinking of taking the battery out. At least have something that moves to tell me you are updating my Windows 7.5 phone.
So despite being “somewhere” in the Marketplace for 2 weeks you STILL cannot search for it or see it without a direct link…….
Could it get any worse, well yes, support emails are being sent to another accounts email address.
“Thank you for contacting the Windows Phone App Hub Developer Support Team. My name is Gary and I will be assisting you, regarding ‘Depicus Wake On Lan’ and its visibility on the Marketplace.
It appears that the reason you are unable to locate your app in a keyword or title search is due to an issue in our system, affecting some developers. It causes a delay in the search availability for some apps. Currently, it is still available via the deep link, which I have provided below. Our engineers are aware of this and are actively working to resolve it, as we understand that visibility is one of the most important aspects to app popularity. At this time, however, there is no estimated time of repair.
Thanks for developing for Windows Phone
Windows Phone App Hub Developer Support Team”
Well I had some frustrations with the App Store and a few niggles with Google Play but I can honestly say that Microsofts App Hub is the biggest turd I have ever seen.
1. Download reports are 10 days behind…. holy crap why !?!?! my client cannot see if they need to up or lower their marketing budget based on figures 10 days old, or blindly for the first 10 days.
2. Crash reports take 6 days to come through, ok so release an app that is crap and let people download for 6 days without you knowing….. my god your a computer company how difficult would it be to provide this info in real time.
3. My app is still not searchable from the Marketplace some 10 days later, only direct links work……compare that to Google who had the app up in an hour and searchable, Apple in the same period.
4. Nothing on the App Hub site makes sense, links that you think should take you to your crash reports take you to details of your app.
6. Why would you have crash reports in Excel format and not csv – I don’t have Excel so how am I supposed to open them.
I have to question why would I bother recommending to clients WP7 or WP8 when for the same amount of time they can hit 100 times more people and with better support for the money we pay them.
Well for some it is, 7 downloads already, I cannot see it yet but here is a link anyway
So two days later and I still cannot see it in the store. Not a great start so had to put in a support ticket with Microsoft. Will keep you updated.
Well a quick support email and within 30 minutes we are live…..
Well a few days later and it looks like there won’t be a Windows Phone version anytime soon. Here is why.
1. There is no solid reliable way to get your own IP address and while there are bodges I prefer not to release stuff that requires such hacks to get them to work as they, at some point will fail to work.
2. There seems to be no reliable way to use UDP broadcasts – WHAT !?!?!? yes but there you go.
Not great news but maybe Windows Phone 8 will finally catch up to where Android and iOS were two years ago.